First-Gen College Success Achievement for All Students
We work with innovative programs in both enrolling scholarship students and providing them with the dedicated support needed to help them flourish throughout their college experience and graduate. College completion and achievement for all students is an urgent priority for the future competitiveness of our country in a global economy.
The Georgetown Scholarship Program at Georgetown University
We are honored to support the work of the Georgetown Scholarship Program (GSP), and confident that the success of their program will help others envision what is possible:
While nationwide the graduation rates for first generation students is on average 30%, the graduation rate for GSP students is 97%.
Other GSP Facts:
- 27% of GSP students have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- GSP students come from all 50 states and 9 countries
- Graduates of GSP have received prestigious scholarships like the Pickering, the Gilman, the Marshall, and the Fulbright
- The majority of GSP students are first generation college bound
- GSP has 764 graduates to date